16 Single Dumbbell Alternating Step Back Lunges (50/35)
2 Wall Walks
L2: DB 35/25, Partial Walks
L1: DB 25/15, Inch worms
Skills and Drills
Double-Unders: Week 1 Day 1
Every athlete progresses differently in learning double-unders. Some can get them in a few days. For others, it can take years. Don’t allow yourself to get frustrated. Follow these progressions at your own pace, and you’ll be well on your way to mastering this movement.
Phase 1: Single-Unders
Practice single-unders until you can get 50 unbroken.
Goal Workout: 50 unbroken single-unders
*Once you can successfully complete this with no misses, you can move on to phase two next week.
Advanced Athlete Option:
If you already have mastered double-unders, instead use this time to work on Crossovers.
* After the first swing, your wrists should generate the jump rope rotation.
* You want to minimize movement from your elbows and shoulders.
* Keep a slight bend in your knees and land softly on the balls of your feet.
* Your jumps should be roughly 1-2 inches off the ground.
* Don’t pull your feet back or tuck your knees. Instead, point your toes slightly down with every jump.
* Keep your shoulders pulled back and your elbows held down and back.
* Use a slightly heavier jump rope (like a beaded rope). It should also be a few sizes longer than your double-under rope. A longer/heavier rope will move slower, giving you more time to learn the skill. Start long and you can always get shorter it as you get better to “speed up” the skill and work on efficiency.
Physical Mobility Challenge: Goal board
The Challenge: Reassess your goals on the “Goal Board” break it down into a quarterly goal, rather than an end goal. For example if your goal is to do a Muscle Up, you need to be able to do strict pull-ups and dips first. Start out by making small achievable goals to work towards your end goal.
-If your goal is to do 5 Pull-ups or Push-ups, but you don’t have any. Make it a goal to obtain 1 first.
-If you goal is to run a 5k or some distance run, set a goal to run a smaller set distance without stopping first.
If you don’t have a goal on the board….WRITE IT UP THERE.
Nutrition/Health Challenge: Share A Healthy Recipe in our “CrossFit Ambition VIP” Facebook Group
Share one recipe per week in the comments in the pinned recipe post in the VIP page.
-Recipes should be free from ingredients that contain highly processed ingredients or chemically made additives, and hydrogenated oils.
-Substitute highly processed ingredients with healthier ingredients. For example instead of using traditional mayo, substitute it with a vegan, avocado or Primal Kitchen Mayo.